When your departure and destination addresses have been added to the map, you're ready to find the best route.
- Press the Find route button in the bottom left corner to start the routing algorithm.
- While the route calculations run a indicative progress bar is shown. It may pause at 80% if the calculations take more time than expected.
- When the route is found, it is drawn on the map and the Share dialog is opened.
Routing may take only a few seconds for simple routes with a small number of stops, up to several minutes for complex routes with many stops. Our goal is to calculate routes with 40 stops in 10 seconds on average, but the actual required time depends on the distances and complexity of the road network between stops, as well as many other complicating factors.
If a route calculation runs longer than 15 minutes, it has failed. Follow these steps:
- Do not press the Reset button.
- Refresh the page using F5 or Ctrl-r. It will reload the website and recover all destinations.
- Check in Options > History if the route was calculated. If the route is available, try to load it.
- If you can not retrieve the route, restart the route calculation with the Find route button.