The Options button on the top right opens the options dialog with several settings. These have impact on the user interface, the address finding and routing of stops.
These options impact the route finding:
- Optimize routes - If disabled, your destinations will not be re-ordered.
- Type of vehicle - The mode of transport used for routing.
- Number of rounds - Divide stops over multiple rounds, e.g. drivers, vehicles or days.
- Balance - Optimize total travel time vs clock time needed to finish all rounds (makespan).
- Max roundtime - Maximum duration of a round when dividing stops.
- Home address - The default departure address that will automagically be added to the map each time.
- Default departure time - Your departure time from which arrival times are calculated.
- Default service time - The default service time, used for arrival times and time windows.
- Navigate with - The service used for turn-by-turn gps navigation, started by the Navigate button or Fulfillment dialog.
- Geocoding preference - The geocoder service used for finding addresses on the map.
- API key - Your optional API key for geocoding services. For high volume users.
- Suffix address - Text to be added to addresses when sent to the geocoding service. May be used to add a city, state or country.
- Check address precise - If enabled, a warning is given when a geocoding service does not return a precise result, e.g. no street or house number.
- Add what3words: Enable to add the unique 3 words address from the What3words system to each location you enter.
Read more about Geocoding
These options impact the appearance of the user interface:
- Map style - Select another theme for the map.
- Retina maps - Use high resolution maps on retina screens. Some map styles may show very small characters.
- Show labels - Add text labels for each location to the map next to the marker.
- Buttons with text - If disabled, the buttons on the website do not show text.
- Desktop notifications - Display a notification when a route has been found.
- CSV seperator - Character to be used to split fields in the CSV download.
- Maps in driving directions - Add detailed maps for destinations in the driving directions.
- Print all details - Add driving directions and travel distance and duration between stops.
- Print width - The page width when printing (default: 800px).
- Map height - The map height when printing (default: 400px). When set to 0, the map will not be printed.
- Unit of distance/volume/weight, currency - Whatever you like, need or know. Note that you'll need to save the options to have the new units displayed in the next parameters.
- Avg fuel economy, fuel costs and avg carbon emission - Only used for savings calculation, has no impact on optimization.
- Speed - The percentage of the normal speed to use in planning. Use 100% for normal speed. If our routes are too fast, e.g. total travel time is too small, use a value below 100%. If our routes are too slow, use a value above 100%.
Only for TomTom Telematics WEBFLEET users. This tab is used to enter your user credentials.
Some additional buttons on the lower part of the dialog:
Account - Log in or edit details for your account.
History - Retrieve or delete previous routes that you've created.