RouteXL is free to use for all routes up to 20 stops, under a Fair Use Policy. If you plan multiple routes a day, but never have more than 20 addresses to enter, there is no payment required. The free version is fully functional, you can use all goodies. Registration is not required. You can use the route planner without an account. You do need an account to change some Options. The API requires registration and is free for routes up to 10 stops.
The premium service allows you to add more stops to an itinerary. There are upgrades for routes up to 100 stops or more, for the time period of one day (24 hours), one month or recurring. Also, the premium service has higher quality maps and geocoding, using Google's premium services.
You can access the premium service via these methods:
- Upgrade via PayPal
- Business subscription
The first method is automated and instantly available. The latter is processed manually and may take several business days.
Upgrade via PayPal
Upgrading an account via PayPal is the most easy way to go premium. When you have a premium subscription, all you need to do is log in and the maximum number of stops per route is instantly increased. PayPal payments are easy, fast and secure.
- If you register a new account, you can choose a subscription at the same time. If you already have an account, you can add a subscription when you need it.
- When the subscription ends, your account will go back to the free level again. You'll be able to load and use the routes you made when you were premium and you can create new routes up to 20 stops.
- Accounts are personal, but you may be able to use it on several computers or locations. They are not locked to an IP address.
- Each account can find one route at a time.
To upgrade your account go to: subscriptions
When you upgrade via PayPal you will not receive an invoice, as the payment is made on beforehand, but you will receive a receipt via email. The receipt is based on the details of your PayPal account, will be sent to the email address of your PayPal account and has VAT based on the country of your PayPal account. If you need to have the receipt addressed differently, make sure to edit your PayPal settings before you make the payment. Once the receipt is sent, it can not be changed.
Upgrade not available
It may happen that your account was upgraded, but the route planner does not allow you to add more addresses to the map. If this happens, your session may need to be reset.
In case of persisting problems, you may also want to check the status page at PayPal.
Change payment method
Your credit card and bank account can be used for your PayPal subscription. If you need to change your payment method, e.g. add a new credit card or change your bank account, manage your wallet at PayPal.
The single day or single month upgrades stop automatically after the period ends, e.g. the "RouteXL 100 - Day" and "RouteXL 100 - Month" upgrades. These will not be repeated and there will be no automatic payment.
The recurring subscriptions via PayPal, e.g. "RouteXL 100 - Recurring", will be repeated monthly with automatic payments. You can cancel a recurring subscription on your subscriptions page on our website or on the preapproved payments page at PayPal.
Note: if your account has a business subscription on invoice, these pages will not work for you.
- Single day and single month upgrades can be paid with credit card via PayPal without the need for a PayPal account. Recurring upgrades requires a PayPal account to store your payment method details.
- Our prices are set in EUR. PayPal will set the exchange rate to your local currency. If you need an estimate of our prices in your local currency try Google, see this EUR to USD example.
- If you live in the Netherlands you may wish to use iDeal for your upgrades. You can use iDeal to add money to your PayPal account with these instructions.
- If you live in Belgium you may wish to use Bancontact for your payment. You can not add Bancontact as a credit card in PayPal, but you can add money to your PayPal account.
- If you have upgraded via PayPal, but the routeplanner does not let you add more destinations, reset your session.
Business/corporate users can request a business subscription on invoice. The business subscription does not rely on PayPal for payments, but sends invoices that can be paid by bank transfer. There is no functional difference in the route planner e.g. no additional features.
Business subscriptions are more expensive than upgrades via PayPal:
- "RouteXL 100 - Business": €40 EUR ex VAT per month (up to 100 addresses per route)
- "RouteXL 200 - Business": €75 EUR ex VAT per month (up to 200 addresses per route)
For 6 or 12 months upgrade paid in advance we offer a discount of 10 or 20% on the total amount.
Benefits of the business subscription are:
- full business details and VAT on invoice
- payment by bank transfer, no credit card required
- more stable, e.g. no PayPal IPN queueing (read this)
- more flexible, e.g. 6 or 12 month on one invoice
- priority at support issues
The application requires your business details and can be made using the request form. The business details will be checked before acceptance. This process requires a human hand and may take several working days.
Subscriptions can be cancelled on a monthly basis, unless you have chosen for a longer period paid in advance. To cancel a business subscription on invoice, just send an email via our contact form.
Beta testing of the next level 500 addresses per route has started. It's only available as a business subscription at €200 EUR ex VAT per month and can only be used on our testing system. While it has passed the private alpha phase, we still consider it experimental and we advise against usage in a high-profile environment.