RouteXL is free to use for all routes up to 20 stops, under a Fair Use Policy. If you plan multiple routes a day, but never have more than 20 addresses to enter, there is no payment required. The free version is fully functional, you can use all goodies. Registration is not required. You can use the route planner without an account. You do need an account to change some Options. The API requires registration and is free for routes up to 10 stops.
The premium service allows you to add more stops to an itinerary. There are upgrades for routes up to 100 stops or more, for the time period of one day (24 hours), one month or recurring.
We have two payment methods:
- Upgrade your account
- Buy an access code
- Business subscription
The first two methods are automated and instantly available. The latter is processed manually and may take several business days.
Upgrade your account
Upgrading an account via PayPal is the most easy way to go premium. When you have a premium subscription, all you need to do is log in and the maximum number of stops per route is instantly increased. PayPal payments are easy, fast and secure.
- If you register a new account, you can choose a subscription at the same time. If you already have an account, you can add a subscription when you need it.
- When the subscription ends, your account will go back to the free level again. You'll be able to load and use the routes you made when you were premium and you can create new routes up to 20 stops.
- Accounts are personal, but you may be able to use it on several computers or locations. They are not locked to an IP address.
- Each account can only find one route at a time.
To upgrade your account go to: subscriptions
Buy an access code
Access codes are upgrades without the need for an account. You can enter the code and unlock the premium service.
- When a code is entered, it is locked and bound to your IP address. You can use and re-enter the code for a period of 24 hours, but only from that location. If you move to another location, the code will not validate.
- Payments go via Mollie, a Payment Service Provider in The Netherlands. They offer some EU specific payment methods, as well as PayPal.
- Access codes only allow 100 stops per route for a period of 24 hours. If your need more stops or a longer period, you should register an account and upgrade.
To buy access codes, select the Extra button in the bottom right corner of the route planner.
Business users within the EU can request a business subscription on invoice. The costs are €40 EUR ex VAT per month for up to 100 addresses per route, or €75 EUR ex VAT per month for up to 200 addresses per route. The application requires business details and can be made using a request form. The business details will be checked before acceptance. This process requires a human hand and may take several working days.